11 Best Mini Fridges of 2020| Mini Fridge Review that fits anywhere
Who wants to share a fridge with the whole hostel? The best mini fridge is ideal in terms of flexibility, space-saving and security when you are in a place with many people. You get to enjoy your favourite cold brew and late-night snack from the comfort of your mini-fridge.
A great mini fridge for dorm room is a must-have when it comes to keeping cold drinks and chilled evening snacks. But with so many different configurations and sizes, it can be difficult to decide which mini fridge is best for you, especially since you could use it for the next four years or even more.
Even though the standard sized fridge has a lot of advanced qualities still, the mini-fridge is efficient in many ways. However, when shopping for a mini-fridge, you should pay attention to the size and capacity or if it comes with a freezer or not.
A mini fridge can be a convenient way to keep food and beverage refrigerated spaces, such as bedrooms and dorm room. They can also provide an ideal cooling solution for travel or use in areas such as garages.
Finding best mini fridge that works well for your home means reading reviews, researching product features and immersing yourself in the details of available sizes and shelf configurations. Using the right mini fridge, keeping your food and drink at cold temperatures can be very simple.
We have reviewed dozens of mini fridges based on Amazon’s reviews, cooling test performance, costs, and other considerations to determine the best and best products.
Mini fridges are not as energy-efficient as standard sized refrigerators, some do not have a temperature to keep food safe for long periods of time. However, to keep sodas and snacks (and nothing else) cold for late night studying with a dorm room fridge; you must appreciate.
The key is to find the right size and functionality that will make the unit perfect for your hostel and at the same time fit your budget. It’s a no surprise that the larger size fridges will cost more than smaller mini fridge and the cost of stainless steel or glass door mini fridges is actually higher than others.
The capacity of a mini fridge is measured in cubic feet. This allows you to know the size and number of items you can place, although shelves and frozen space occupy part of this capacity. Some companies also list mini fridge capacity as the number of cans the unit can contain.
Do you want to know the best types of mini-fridge? Read on.
1. Best Portable Thermoelectric Cooler and Warmer: AstroAI Mini Fridge 4 Litre
The AstroAl Portable Thermoelectric Mini Fridge is the best mini fridge on the market. Equipped with a thermoelectric system cooler, it can keep your medicines and skin care products at 0 degrees. One can store a total of 6 cans (or 4 litres) of beverages or beer to keep you cool throughout the day.
Keeping products fresh or hot has always been a struggle for many people, especially if they need to put these items wherever they go. This great mini fridge says good bye to all of these problems.
Despite being a temperature-controlled product, ironically, the star mini fridge does not have a temperature indicator. If you are not familiar with how hot or cold around, the lack of indicators can be difficult.
You can easily pull out the divider, giving way to taller bottles and jars. If you are storing food and snacks, leaving the divider can help organize this item.
AstroAI Mini Fridge 4 litre Key Features:
- The complete set comes with two sockets: AC and DC adapter.
- It is an environment friendly product in itself.
- Does not use freon to cause climate change. It also has FCC, ETL and CE certification.
- Size: 9.4cm x 6.9cm x 25.4cm and capacity of 4 litres, you can store food and drinks and skin products.
2. Best Mini Fridge with Freezer: RCA RFR321- Mini Refrigerator
This RCA RFR321- Mini Fridges with Freezer comes with a storage capacity of 3.2 cubic feet. This special model is blue, although stainless steel and black models are also available. Two-door configuration allows you to access the fridge and freezer separately.
The combination of fridge and freezer features an adjustable thermostat and compressor cooling for maximum performance even at high temperatures. Rinse design uses acrylic construction to save space. Also included is a vegetable drawer with a glass shelf designed to keep vegetables fresh.
RCA RFR321 Mini Refrigerator- Key Features:
- Bottle opener on the outside wall
- Compressed cooling
- Adjustable thermostat for optimal cooling
- Reversible doors and removable shelves
3. Best Mini Refrigerator for Versatility: Cooluli Mini Fridge with Electric Cooler and Warmer
Cooluli Mini Fridge with Electric Cooler and Warmer help keep your food warm, if you do not want to use it as a fridge. The next time you return from lunch, just get the deviation immediately before you can enjoy it, just put it in the “fridge”, put the control after heating, of course.
We love this small fridge as it is adaptable and very user friendly. It can be powered by a USB adapter or an AC/DC adapter. The USB cable is included with the package.
It makes no sound. So, if you a looking for a small fridge for your bedroom, this is the perfect choice.
Cooluli Mini Fridge Electric Cooler and Warmer Key Features:
- It can be used to store a wide variety of things, from breast milk to soft drinks.
- It is a kind of semiconductor operation that is both energy efficient and very quiet.
- Equipped with AC and DC power cables.
- It is convenient as lightweight and portable.
4. Best Portable Mini Fridge: Chefman Mini Portable Compact Personal Fridge
Chefman’s Compact Fridge is extremely popular for its portability. This mini-fridge is not limited to being stuffed in a corner of the office, nor does it require an area. We like it because it is small but still can store up to 12 cans of beer. You can easily remove the shelves to make space for bigger content.
It can be heated (leftovers of lunch) or cool anything you put inside. All you have to do is turn a switch and tell him what you want to do.
Chefman Mini Portable Fridge Key Features:
- Capacity 4 litres.
- 2 x Temperature Settings.
- Built-in 12V car charger.
- It has a removable shelf.
5. Best Dorm Mini Fridge: hOmeLabs Mini Fridge
hOmeLabs is a giant company that produces a good number of home appliances including mini fridge. From a lot of homelabs mini fridges, we have found this mini fridge that is best suited for dorms.
It contains 3 glass shelves that can be removed and adjusted to the user’s needs. A freezer is located at the top of mini fridge and is covered with an adjustable flap that allows frozen air to remain from penetrating the entire refrigerator.
Under the mini fridge, there is a drain tray that collects drops that may occur. Like the centre of Danby beverage, the door of homelabs is also reversible.
There are 3 temperature settings for this homelabs Mini Fridge: min, mid and max. While in mid temperature settings, the temperature inside the refrigerator ranges from 33F to 35F. The surface of the door is stainless steel, allowing the user to mark the front door with a dry cloth marking notes and reminders.
Feet located at the bottom of the refrigerator are adjustable, ensuring the level of the refrigerator with the floor.
This best dorm mini fridge is definitely big enough to function as a suitable refrigerator for a person. With adjustable shelves and additional door storage, it will not let you down. Just take proper care of your mini fridge.
hOmeLabs Mini Fridge key Features:
- This 3.2 cubic feet beverage cooler features an elegant transparent mini fridge glass door with a stainless-steel frame that gives you a look at your wine, beer or soda.
- The single zone mini drinks cooler has a simple touch temperature control that can cool down to 34°F, and a large digital display to quickly monitor and adjust any temperature.
- It comes with 120V 240W Vertical Cooler with Advanced Energy Saving Technology and Quiet Low Sound Compressor for Use with Small Convection Fans for Fast Cooling.
- hOmeLabs Mini Fridge can only be used to chill beverages and snacks.
6. Best Mini Fridge with Freezer for Office: Midea WHD-113FSS1 Double Door Mini Fridge
Midea is another famous mini fridge name, at 3.1 cubic feet. Adjustable legs help fit tight grip. Double reversible door is a good touch for this cooler to separate. Open up there, you can take it off and put it back on the other side.
Despite its compact size, this Midea mini Fridge also has a freezer space and a vegetable drawer. The temperature of the refrigerator and freezer are adjustable, it has an energy star, so it does not kill office electricity bills.
You can change the refrigerator box from 32F to 50F. The refrigerated box can be adjusted from 11.2F to 5F. There are also adjustable legs, interior lights, partial automatic defrosting.
Midea WHD-113FB1 Double Door Mini Fridge Key Features:
- Features adjustable legs and reversible doors open from left or right.
- Interior lights. Fresh Part: 2.2 Cubic Feet, Freezer Part: 0.9 Cubic Feet.
- Separate fruit and vegetable drawers. Note: The inner wall of the main compartment is slightly tapered towards the back.
7. Best All-in-One Mini Fridge: Black + Decker BCRK17B Compact Refrigerator
This mini fridge has the same must-have features that many others offer, but puts them all in one place. You do not have to pick up and choose the frozen space or adjustable temperature control. Black+Decker compact refrigerator has two, full-width glass shelves, as well as door shelves, ice cube trays and reversible doors, so it will be located almost anywhere. The back is flat, so you can push it to the wall, and the refrigerator has calves to help stabilize it.
Black+Decker can be easily your best mini dorm fridge if the refrigerator is placed in the dorm or home. Finding the right refrigerator for your desk can be a challenge. This Black+Decker refrigerator is an ideal solution for that. In a compact frame, it provides a full-width refrigerator compartment, including an ice cube tray, two glass shelves for the refrigerator cubicle.
All this is packed in just 1.7 cubic feet, it’s just one about two feet tall, so it’s easy to hide under the table. This mini fridge Black+Decker is also ENERGY STAR certified.
Black+Decker BCRK17B Compact Refrigerator Key Feature:
- Equipped with two full-width glass shelves.
- It has adjustable thermostatic control and leg levelling for versatility.
- Has 2 full width door frames.
- Reversible door and space-saving flat back design.
8. Best Durable Mini Fridge with Freezer: Euhomy Upright Compact Refrigerator
Euhomy mini fridge has all the right features to search in a cooling system of this size. One of the biggest complaints of users about low-quality garage freezers and refrigerators is the speed at which they cool food and drink.
But with this product Euhomy, such problems will never happen. Once things are frozen, they’ll stay that way until they’re ready to go. No longer semi-frozen food will smell your room or garage.
Moreover, the refrigerator has no shelves, so many things can be in it without worrying about the lack of space.
Overall, Euhomy mini is the best garage cooler where people have to place large objects in a small space to cool. The lack of drawers is the point of sale here; if these are the properties you are looking for, don’t miss it.
Euhomy Compact Refrigerator Key Features:
- Euhomy freezer refrigerator is wider than the mini fridge.
- LED light inside.
- Reversible door design allows you to open doors left or right, which is perfect for dining rooms, smaller kitchens, wet bars and bedrooms.
- The refrigerator has a large vegetable crisper; the integrated door rack accommodates high bottles.
- Energy Star rating means that it is environmentally friendly, good for the land and your portfolio.
9. Best Budget Mini Fridge: Gourmia GMF600 Thermoelectric Mini Fridge
Gourmia GMF600 Thermoelectric Mini Fridge is a good choice for those looking for mini fridge options and also portable when used and around. Gourmand gmf600 is a huge witty bonus piece, guaranteed to serve you at home or on an off-road road trip. You will not be distracted by stylish features; it allows you to focus purely on what makes it so great.
There’s nothing you can do with this mini fridge. We know you can’t save too much, but for special occasions you have the perfect product. In addition, you can take it anywhere you want, and you never feel that you are on the road.
Those who bought and reviewed this mini refrigerator appreciate the compact design of the refrigerator, as well as the ability to travel on a day trip without the need for frozen items. Many people find it convenient to use in kindergartens and can feed bottles at night.
The cost is very affordable and it is easy to set up and use.
Gourmia GMF600 Thermoelectric Mini Fridge Key Features:
- It can easily cool down to 32°F below room temperature, or heat up to 150°F.
- Environment friendly design with thermoelectric technology
- Lightweight and portable; can hold up to 6 cans.
- Comes with 2 detachable power cords; one AC for wall outlets and one DC for lighter.
10. Premium Mini Fridge: Danby DAR044A6PDB Contemporary Classic Compact Refrigerator
Danby DAR044A6PDB Contemporary Classic Compact fridge is the premium fridge on our list. It has 2.6 cubic feet of storage capacity. It offers a variety of surface options to suit almost any design aesthetic and is an ENERGY STAR rating to help reduce operating costs. The bottle is stored in the door, the bright interior light helps increase visibility.
Danby compact designer make the most of their size with a unique shelving system. People entering small dorm and apartments will appreciate this small appliance.
The price is about $150 and these prices are approximately correct in terms of mini fridge cost, brand quality craftsmanship and ease of setup and use.
Danby DAR026A2BDB Contemporary Classic Compact Refrigerator Key Features:
- Integrated door frame and storage of tall bottles.
- Scratch-resistant worktops
- White LED interior light
- CanStor beverage dispensing system
- Automatic defrosting
11. Best Mini Fridge for Beverages: NewAir Beverage Cooler & Mini Fridge with Glass Door, 126-Can Capacity
NewAir 126 cans beverage fridge is our best pick for those who love to get a beer just beside their bed. This powerful fridge cools beverages to 37 degrees all the way, allowing you to create custom storage spaces for jars and bottles of different sizes, with a roomy design to store more than 20 full packs of beer or any drink to keep you in full stock. This NewAir Beverage Cooler & Mini Fridge is sure to please.
This is the coolest product you can buy for small space and apartment living. AB-1200 is very quiet and is a nice unit. It is ideal for office space to store your snacks and even snacks. I love that you can store all the sizes of jars or bottles of your favourite drink. I put it next to my table so that I can quickly get water or snacks.
The LED lights and see through the glass front mini fridge; add beauty and elegance to your room. I definitely recommend NewAir mini fridge to friends and family.
NewAir Beverage Cooler & Mini Fridge Key Features:
- 3.4 cubic feet of spacious beverage centre can hold up to 126 cans. Metal frame provides durability and service life. No digital temperature readings. Temperature range: 37°F-64°F
- Cool to 34 degrees Fahrenheit below the other beverage refrigerators, ensuring your beverages be cold perfectly.
- 5 easy-to-remove chrome shelves help you to fit different sizes and shapes of cans or bottles. Frequency: 60 hens. Noise level: 35dB Voltage: 110 Volts.
What is the coldest mini fridge?
All of these mini fridges are cold. But to name just one. we must say the Danby DAR044A6PDB Contemporary Classic Compact fridge is the coldest of all. It’s premium features and quality will certainly amaze you. Buy it now.
Who Needs Mini Fridge?
Mini fridges have a variety of purposes. Some people may need one for their office, party room, dorm or bedroom. Some people may need an unusually small mini fridge, such as the extremely compact infinity Cooluli, which can be easily transported and fed on the fly.
Mothers may need mini fridge to easily store breast milk, while others may need one to store skin care products. There are many reasons to get mini fridge, and there are more types available of mini fridges. Some people can choose the mini fridge best to store drinks, while others may need one with a freezer.
What is the ideal size of a mini fridge for dorms?
Dormitory rooms vary in size, so it really depends on how much space you have. Mini fridge or compact fridge, range from 1.6 cu ft. to 4.5 cu ft. The smallest cube shape mini fridge measures 17” wide, 18 7/8” deep and 20 1/2” high. A larger 4.5 cu ft. model with a separate fridge measures about 19” wide, 20” deep and 43” high. If you are not sure what size to get, wait up to a day after your stay to measure the available space.
How useful is a mini fridge with a freezer?
Freezer space in dorm fridges can occupy a large amount of space and, in most cases, do not use it at all. In addition, many less costly models require manual defrosting, which can be annoying and slow for already busy college students. I think you’ll use it at most. If it’s only drinks and snacks, it is possible that it is better to use a cold tempered glass mini fridge for beverage.
How long does a mini fridge last?
If properly uses, mini fridge life should about at least four years and about 12 years it may extent. On average, mini fridge will last about 8 years. For comparison, standard refrigerators will last 8-16 years, with an average life expectancy of about 12 years, with proper maintenance.
Best Mini Fridge (With or Without Freezer) Buying Guide
You can be easily overwhelmed when buying a mini fridge and overrate a fridge mistakenly. A large variety of mini refrigerators is available on the market. Although it may be tempting to choose the lowest price and then move on, it is useful to make your selection process more refined. Understand your needs and find the equipment that meets those needs
Mini Fridges Types
Mini Fridges are available in five basic types, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your needs. Below is a summary of the five main types of refrigerators and their most suitable use.
They can be easily placed under a countertop or table. They are usually between 1.5 and 2.1 cubic feet and weigh between 25 and 30 pounds. Snacks. A certain efficiency is not enough to maintain the proper temperature of meat, they do not replace standard refrigerators.
These devices can be stored a little more than cubes, but they are also a little more expensive. Its dimensions range from 2.7-4.7 cubic feet. They have more shelves, and sometimes a refrigerator whose cooling efficiency varies depending on the model.
They usually exceed 5 cubic feet in size, have more freezer and shelf space, and some contain crispy chips. These are popular apartments and staff, as well as standard refrigerators to keep food at the right temperature, including meat.
2-Door Mini Fridge
2 door mini fridges come with a separate freezer. They feature automatic defrosting, couple of removable shelves and precise temperature control. These can accommodate quite a good number of smaller contents.
Travel coolers are small refrigerators that use alternative energy sources, such as batteries, or can be connected to car cigarette lighters. These are suitable only for short distances and can put pressure on the vehicle engine.
Features to look for in a mini fridge
Amount of Space
The amount of free space will be one of the first and main problems to consider when buying a compact refrigerator. In general, the amount of free space will be measured in cubic feet. More than four cubic feet of space in the refrigerator is larger.
You need to take into account the storage capacity and size of the device. Measure the space you want to leave the refrigerator so that you know the exact size you are using. There is nothing more frustrating than buying the perfect refrigerator, just find out that it does not fit into your living space.
You should also judge the amount of space necessary for storing food. How many frozen foods do you usually have? Frozen dessert tray or ice cubes? How many fresh products will you store in the refrigerator?
Shelving and Drawers
Similar to concerns about storage capacity, you need to take into account the number of shelves and drawers for the refrigerator. Some shelves will be equipped with two or three shelves, while others have only one. clean, but allows you to customize the space of your refrigerator to better suit your needs.
If you plan to keep a large number of fresh products, you will want a drawer to keep fresh vegetables and fruits fresh, because putting these items in the main compartment of the refrigerator can cause them to spoil. How many vegetables and fruits do you buy each week? If the amount is significant, you may want to invest in a refrigerator with two separate drawers for fruits and vegetables.
One often overlooked aspect of refrigerators and freezers is their storage capacity of doors. Some doors can store several cans of soda, while others have a lot of additional shelves.
One Door or Two?
When you open this door, you will be able to access the refrigerator and the refrigerator compartment. In these cases, the refrigerator is often a small compartment built into the entire refrigerator. Storage of frozen goods.
This can help improve energy efficiency, and also helps the refrigerator work independently. If you live in hot areas, you need to make sure that the freezer keeps the object frozen even at high external temperatures.
These doors can be opened from the right or left side, as they have reversible hinges.
Cooling Capability of the Freezer
Most refrigerators will be equipped with some kind of cooling component, which allows them to effectively cool objects, even if the external temperature is high. However, depending on the design of the refrigerator, the refrigerator may not have this capacity. They will be in a normal refrigerator, but it is not enough to store frozen products or ice cubes.
In addition to making sure that the refrigerator is large enough for your load, you need to make sure that you can keep them at the ideal temperature.
In these cases, it is useful to invest in a refrigerator with an adjustable temperature. This allows you to control the internal temperature of your refrigerator and refrigerator.
You should also see if there are manual or automatic defrosting entities. Many refrigerators will be equipped with automatic defrosting, and the freezer will have to defrost manually. If the refrigerator only has a partial defrosting function, it is necessary to manually defrost every few months.
These can help you control the height of the device. They also increase maneuverability, which is ideal when it comes to narrow corners and small spaces. The type that best suits you will vary depending on the plane of your living space.
This is a good idea for looking for models that have been certified by Energy Star. Energy-saving models will save you on your monthly electricity bill. In addition, energy-saving models tend to be quieter than other appliances.
Additional Features to Look For
These are the main types of small refrigerators, but you need to look around, because some of them have additional features that can make them more suitable to your needs.
- Separate refrigerator: compartment of the two main types of refrigerator in the inner space of the mini-fridge are those that are in the inner space of the refrigerator and those that have a separate refrigerator as a full-size refrigerator. Those inside the refrigerator can cause uneven temperatures, with cold areas next to the freezer.
They can often make ice cubes, but they may not be able to keep enough frozen food. Those who work with a separate refrigerator are like a standard refrigerator and often keep food cold, as well as promote uniform cooling throughout the rest of the refrigerator compartment.
- Compressed power: Current coolers operate around the car by circulating pressurized coolant, not by coils that absorb air. The coolant is pressurized and sent through the pipes on the walls, absorbing heat, as it moves through them. Other types of cooling systems.
- Reversible Door. Some of them have hinges that allow the door to open from the left or right. This can be an excellent option for small spaces, or if the refrigerator is in a situation, it will move frequently, such as in a bedroom or office.
- Locking Door. Some people use this type of refrigerator to store drugs, sensitive or dangerous substances. Therefore, some of these models are equipped with locks to prevent these items from falling into the wrong hands.
Steps for Choosing the Best Mini Fridge
Follow this short list to get your mini fridge in the shortest time:
- Measure the dimensions of the area in which you intend to install the device
- Measure if you need adjustable legs for easier handling, or if you have more time to slide the flat unit into place.
- Give an estimate of the amount of food & beverage you will put in the fridge.
- Estimate how much food you need to store.
- Decide what special features you want.
- Decide if you need a freezer or not.
- Consider the amount of energy the fridge needs and its energy efficiency.
- Find the device that meets your needs and fits your ideal budget.
- Estimate how much of this is fresh produce that will need to be stored in a drawer.
- Decide whether you need special features such as can holders in the door.
- Gauge the amount of freezer space you need to have.
- Decide whether you need to store frozen food and ice, or whether a chiller compartment will be adequate.
- Look up the energy efficiency ratings of the appliances you’re considering.
- Seek appliances that can accommodate your necessities while fitting into your ideal budget.
Where you have it, a compact or mini refrigerator can be a great addition to your home, office, bedroom or kitchen. Even if most of them have similar features that seem to be similar, we find that their performance and capabilities have huge differences in their design to do things.
Even if it seems that having an internal freezer can make it more convenient, we find that in most cases, the internal freezer creates cold spots and significantly reduces space. For this reason, we consider AstroAI Mini Fridge 4 Liter to be the best on our list. refrigerator and keep the temperature more uniform than we check. We love that it is well designed and makes great use of the interior space.
The models in this review are a good choice. You just have to decide which one best serves your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions about Mini Fridges
What sizes do mini fridges come in?
Do mini refrigerators use a lot of electricity?
In general, most mini fridges have a power range from 50 watts to 65 watts, depending on the size and level of insulation. This is not a huge range, although some mini fridge models have power levels above or below this rating.
Typically, 1.7 to 4.4 cubic feet of refrigerators (manual defrosting units) are used up to 239.42 kWh per year. Then some automatic defrosting device is used for approximately 239.42 kWh. 318.4 kWh per year.
Can I plug a mini fridge into an extension cord or power strip?